By Cathy Johnson-Delaney
Ferrets have gotten more and more well known as pets, rivalling rabbits because the 3rd such a lot favoured household puppy after canines and cats. Ferret medication and surgical procedure discusses the veterinary elements of this extraordinary little creature.
The e-book covers ferret drugs and customary surgical procedures, delivering a complete reference for the veterinary practitioner. every one bankruptcy of problems is designed to be inclusive and contains move references to different chapters all through in addition to a few highlights of anatomy and body structure as a review.
The structure permits quick access to details delivering solutions to difficulties that come up in perform. completely illustrated with top quality images and line drawings, the e-book is designed to supply speedy, concise info of quick use to the practitioner.
By Robert J. Young
This ebook is the 1st to combine clinical wisdom and ideas to teach how environmental enrichment can be utilized on types of animal. Filling an immense hole, it considers the historical past of animal conserving, felony matters and ethics, during to an in depth exploration of no matter if environmental enrichment really works, the tools concerned, and the way to layout and deal with programmes.
- The first e-book in a huge new animal welfare series
- Draws jointly a large number of examine on assorted animals
- Provides designated examples and case studies
- An necessary reference device for all those that paintings with or research animals in captivity
This ebook is a part of the UFAW/Wiley-Blackwell Animal Welfare e-book Series. This significant sequence of books produced in collaboration among UFAW (The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare), and Wiley-Blackwell offers an authoritative resource of knowledge on around the globe advancements, present pondering and most sensible perform within the box of animal welfare technological know-how and expertise. For information of the entire titles within the sequence see www.wiley.com/go/ufaw.
By C.J.C. Phillips
By Susan G. Wynn,Barbara Fougere
- More than a hundred and twenty natural monographs offer easy accessibility to details at the old use of the herb in people and animals, aiding experiences, and dosing details.
- Includes exact dosing, pharmacokinetics, and regulatory issues while utilizing herbs for horses and livestock.
- Expanded pharmacology and toxicology chapters supply thorough info at the chemical foundation of natural drugs.
- Explores the evolutionary courting among vegetation and mammals, that is the foundation for knowing the original physiologic results of herbs.
- Includes a physique platforms assessment of natural treatments for universal affliction stipulations in either huge and small animals.
- Discusses unique issues for the medical study of herbs, together with advanced and individualized interventions which could require exact layout and nontraditional final result goals.
By Stéphane Bellon,Servane Penvern
By Graham R. Duncanson
By Robert Poppenga,Sharon M. Gwaltney-Brant
Emphasizing medical indicators, differential diagnoses, and case administration, the e-book starts with the foundations of veterinary toxicology, similar to terminology, history-taking, and decontamination. the second one 1/2 the ebook is dedicated to express toxicants, together with vegetation, metals, medicines, and family poisons. A spouse site at www.wiley.com/go/poppenga offers assessment questions in be aware and colour photos to be had for obtain into PowerPoint. Small Animal Toxicology Essentials is an invaluable source for veterinary technicians, specifically people with a curiosity in emergency and significant care, and veterinary technician scholars, in addition to practising veterinarians trying to find an creation to toxicology.
By Andrea J. Fascetti,Sean J. Delaney
The publication starts off with an summary of easy meals, strength necessities, and the fundamentals of product publications, puppy meals, home-prepared diets and nutritional supplements. next chapters delve into feeding the fit puppy and cat, foodstuff for weight administration, and dietary ideas for various ailments, with the ultimate chapters protecting enteral and parenteral nutrition. Applied Veterinary medical Nutrition is a regular reference for veterinary practitioners, scholars, and citizens looking authoritative info on feeding animals.
By Robin Sturtz,Lori Asprea
Anatomy and body structure for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses: A medical Approach is a complete source at the anatomy and body structure of canine and cats, with comparisons to horses, birds, and ruminants. equipped by way of physique approach with a comparative technique, the e-book follows a special layout by way of addressing anatomy individually from body structure for readability and greater comprehension. each one anatomy bankruptcy has a corresponding body structure bankruptcy, entire with illustrations, charts, and containers to advertise understanding.
Written particularly for veterinary technicians and nurses, the booklet applies anatomy and body structure to medical perform, with case examples demonstrating scientific relevance. The figures from the ebook, extra questions and solutions, labeling quizzes, educating PowerPoints, and a dissection video can be found on-line at www.wiley.com/go/sturtz. This advent to physique approach research of ordinary constitution and serve as is a must have source for college students of veterinary expertise and nursing, in addition to an invaluable speedy evaluate for the busy professional.
By Thomas P. Colville,Joanna M. Bassert
- High caliber, complete colour illustrations spotlight the main points of anatomic constitution to reinforce figuring out of anatomy functions.
- Chapter outlines summarize the contents of every bankruptcy on the significant suggestion level.
- Clinical program boxes during the textual content display the medical relevance of anatomic and physiologic rules.
- Test Yourself questions recap vital info that seemed within the previous part.
- Comprehensive glossary on the finish of the textual content presents concise definitions and phonetic pronunciations of terms.
- NEW! Vocabulary Fundamentals list of terms at first of every bankruptcy introduce readers to new medical phrases and their pronunciations.